Health & Wellbeing Vocational Tutor/Learning Facilitator
About the Role
An exciting opportunity to engage with and support Pasifika to unleash their potential and establish pathways into employment, career progression, or entry into vocational degree programmes in the health and social service sectors has arisen.
A tutor/facilitator is needed to become part of a growing team currently delivering a Health and Wellbeing Certificate at Level 2 and 3 and, who can add to the development and delivery of Level 4 Certificate programmes in Health and Wellbeing, Primary Care Practice, Advance Care Support, Mental Health and Addictions, Community Service and Disabilities for delivery in 2024.
You will need:
- As a minimum, a Certificate in Tertiary Teaching level 4, or a willingness and ability to be supported in gaining this qualification or a higher-level teaching qualification.
- Qualification in the health or social service sector or a minimum of three to five years of experience working in the health or social service sector in New Zealand.
- Experience working as part of a team combined with an ability to utilise individual initiative when required.
- To be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Based primarily in West Auckland you will need to be open and able to work flexibly in locations in South and North Auckland as demand for our programmes determines.
You will bring:
- A positive outlook and energy combined with excellent communication skills.
- Experience or ability to deliver a blended teaching programme.
- A creative facilitation, group working or teaching style and approach.
- A commitment to and experience of working within a Pasifika and bi-cultural environment.
- An ability to empathise, engage and enable Pasifika to achieve.
Find out more or apply
If you're interested about the role and making a difference with The Fono, please complete the form below.
As this is a full-time and permanent position within The Fono, we require all applicants to hold current New Zealand Permanent Residency status or New Zealand Citizenship.
*All fields marked are mandatory