Full & partial dentures
With advancements in dental technology, modern dentures look and feel more natural. Don't feel ashamed about missing teeth or considering dentures, talk to one of our dentists today.
What to expect
Dentures are ideal for those with missing teeth, improving speech, chewing ability, and oral health. With proper care and maintenance, your smile and confidence will be restored quickly.
What happens during denture appointments:
- Consult on what type of dentures you need. Getting a custom-made denture can take 7-10 visits in total.
- Extraction of your teeth if it is needed.
- Dental impression. In one or two appointments, we imprint your teeth, gums and anything else in your mouth.
- Model your dentures from that dental impression and work with you to get the size and colour right.
- Fitting. Once your dentures are ready, you'll try them on and go home with them on until your next visit.
- Adjustments. In your next visit we will make adjustments to ensure it fits nicely.
- Review. Follow ups after some time, where we will make adjustments if needed.
There are two methods for dentures:
- Traditional dentures are done after tooth extraction or when teeth are already missing. We perform extractions, you go home to allow time for healing and then create and fit dentures.
- Immediate dentures are done on the same day as tooth extraction; prior to extracting your tooth/teeth, the dentist will take an impression with the teeth in place. The new dentures will be made. On the day of extraction, your dentist will take the teeth out and place your new denture the same day (this process still requires multiple visits)
How we help
At The Fono Dental, we specialize in custom-made full and partial dentures that are long-lasting and natural-looking. The first appointment is a consultation with your dentist. We use this time to work through options, understand what you need and give you an estimate of the cost. We can also discuss payment options available to make it affordable for you.