Healthy Babies, Healthy Futures
Our programme supports families to create healthier habits and increased mobility for their children. Mums will receive support and knowledge about nutrition, recipes, physical activity, sleep, feeding, wellbeing and more.
What's the programme?
Healthy Babies, Healthy Futures (HBHF) is a free online programme focused on maternal and infant nutrition and physical activity. The health goal is to support the health and wellbeing of hapū māmā, parents and tamariki under 4 years old by promoting:
- healthy eating (including breastfeeding)
- keeping active
To achieve this goal, our HBHF programme offers a range of health promotion interventions designed to empower whānau including:
- Four different nutrition courses available online 24/7
- TextMatch programme, a free texting service that sends you, helpful tips, advice and support, related to maternal and infant health. The support is provided in a way that is linguistically and culturally appropriate.
- 4-week healthy lifestyle challenges for mums to complete at their own pace.
Who can access it
To be eligible to our free HBHF online programme, a participant must be a mum of Pasifika descent who is pregnant or has a child under the age of 4. You also must live in one of the following regions:
- West Auckland
- Central Auckland
- North Shore
If you don't live in one of these areas, we can provide referrals to other agencies to assist you in your local community.
How we help
Once you sign up, our dedicated coordinator for the HBHF online programme, will connect with you. Our HBHF coordinator will ensure you're set up for success and steer you into your journey of healthier living. Throughout our time with you, we will get to know you, your child and your family. We will guide and support you by providing:
- Access to information about nutrition and exercise for you and your baby
- Regular 1:1 check-in calls with our HBHF coordinator
- Weekly challenges that pushes you to achieve your goals
Our services don't stop there - we also offer wrap-around support to you and your family from The Fono. We understand that navigating health care can be overwhelming, so we're here to connect you to the additional resources you need.
Joining Healthy Babies, Healthy Futures
Join the Healthy Babies, Healthy Futures programme by filling out our simple online form, and someone from our friendly team will contact you within two working days.
*All fields marked are mandatory
Changes to Cervical Screening
September 2023 saw a change to the way that cervical screening works in Aotearoa. Welcome to our series about cervical screening, including who needs to be screened, resources to find out more about the new test and why it’s important to get tested.…
21 Sep, 2023