Family Start Worker - North Shore & Henderson
About the Role
Family Start is a free service for parents and caregivers who are facing challenges which are making parenting harder. The Family Start Worker’s role is to support families to become more confident with their parenting and to improve their overall social, education and health aspirations.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make your mark with a leading health and social services organisation and have the right blend of expertise and enthusiasm this could be your ideal role.
40 hour per week positions based in Northcote is a special opportunity and require a versatile social/family worker looking for an exciting new role.
You want to make a difference in your community with young families, have the right expertise and have suitable experience in working with young people.
- Value the Family Start approach to working with families
- Know how to access community resources for families
- Be trained in ‘Parents As First Teachers’ or willing to be trained
- Level B social work qualification preferred
- Social Worker Registration Board registration
- Pacific language could be an advantage
- Fully computer literate
- Have a full Drivers Licence
Find out more or apply
If you're interested about the role and making a difference with The Fono, please complete the form below.
As this is a full-time and permanent position within The Fono, we require all applicants to hold current New Zealand Permanent Residency status or New Zealand Citizenship.
*All fields marked are mandatory