Primary Care Social Worker
About the role
Join a great team making a real difference in Pacific wellbeing. This is a fulltime position based at our Henderson Health Centre and is a special opportunity requiring a versatile social worker looking for an exciting new role.
Through application of the Pacific integrated model of care, families are engaged and supported in the community to address complex health and social challenges systematically and creatively.
Working alongside dedicated community nurses, the Primary Care Social Worker's role is to identify vulnerable families, provide comprehensive assessment in the areas of health, education, social and financial family challenges and creatively facilitate access to relevant services that will improve health and wellbeing outcomes.
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Social Worker.
- Values whānau relationships, reliability, respect, and integrity.
- Has an excellent understanding and appreciation of Pacific cultures/values/protocols.
- Is open to working with whole families e.g. can work with different age groups across a family.
- Knows how to access social services across Auckland.
- Is passionate about working with Pacific families and making a difference.
- Has initiative and innovative thinking.
- Is computer literate.
- Has a full New Zealand Drivers Licence.
- Has New Zealand Permanent Residency or New Zealand Citizenship.
Find out more or apply
If you're interested about the role and making a difference with The Fono, please complete the form below.
As this is a full-time and permanent position within The Fono, we require all applicants to hold current New Zealand Permanent Residency status or New Zealand Citizenship.
*All fields marked are mandatory