Whānau Ora Navigator
Join a great team that is making a real difference in Pacific wellbeing. This is a full-time Whānau Ora Navigator position based at our Henderson hub, presenting a special opportunity for a versatile social/community worker seeking an exciting new role.
About the role
Pacific Whānau Ora is a family-centered approach which understands that families themselves know the best solutions to the challenges they face. The Pacific Whānau Ora Navigator is there for Pacific families living in Auckland to show them the ways to achieve their goals in health, education, economic development and culture.
We are looking for an enthusiast to join our Whānau Ora Navigator Team.
- Value the Whānau Ora approach
- Have a sound understanding of the Pacific community sector where you live, with connections within it
- Believe and have genuine enthusiasm for what can be achieved by our Pacific people
- Know how to access community resources for families
- Have a Level B social work qualification (preferred)
- Be able to work flexibly
- A Pacific language capability may be an advantage
- Value and want to live The Fono approach to working with community groups and families
It's a big step up from when I was a Connector where we were the legs and hands of the Whānau Ora service delivering medications and food packs. Now I get to see the backend of the operation and that is stepping into their homes, listening to their stories and jumping into their journeys, not my self imposed journey that I want them in but their own. Asking questions, getting their feedback and witnessing first hand each family's journey is a humbling experience and one that I am grateful to be a part of.
Whānau Ora Navigator
Find out more or apply
If you're interested about the role and making a difference with The Fono, please complete the form below.
As this is a full-time and permanent position within The Fono, we require all applicants to hold current New Zealand Permanent Residency status or New Zealand Citizenship.
*All fields marked are mandatory